Enter your email address to get free cooking tips & recipes direct to your mailbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ginataang Mais

Of all the ginataan meryenda recipes that I love, this is simply my favorite. The simplicity of the ingredients plus the salty sweetness of corn gives this a five star from my list of desserts. My sister-in.law adds slices of jackfruit to give it a much nicer aroma. I myself adds small tapioca pearls.


                        My favorite ginataang mais. (Photos by SDeluz)


Ingredients:
4 cups coconut milk (or 2 cans of 400 ml each)
1 can cream style corn
pinch of salt
1/2 cup glutinous rice
1/2 cup granulated sugar
optional: slices if jackfruit and 1/2 cup tapioca pearls


Procedure:


1. Boil coconut milk and washed glutinous rice (+ tapioca pearls) for 15 minutes until rice is cook.


2. Add corn and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes.


3. Put in sugar (+jackfruit) and mix until incorporated. Cook for two more minutes.


4. Serve and enjoy!


See, that easy! I love easy home cooked meals. Now share me your favorite desserts.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...