Enter your email address to get free cooking tips & recipes direct to your mailbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Humba

Humba

Humba recipe. Photo by digipam

I first encountered humba when I visited the province of Catanduanes. It looks like adobo but sweeter. It is also not sliced into bite sized pieces but was a hock part of pork. Little bit oily for my taste but it is a special meal done for special occasions. 

Ingredients:

1 lb. pork
1 cup water
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/3 cup vinegar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 bay leaf
1/4 tsp. pepper or 1 tsp. peppercorns
1 tsp. oil
salt to taste
3 potatoes, peeled and quartered (optional)
hard-boiled eggs (optional)

Procedure:

1. Combine all ingredients in a big pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about an hour or until pork belly or hocks are tender.

2. Fry potatoes in a separate frying pan and add to the pork once nearly done.

3. Add the hard boiled eggs before serving.




Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me, I should also share my humba recipe.. after Holy Week, yey!

    Glad you like my photo. Thanks for the link back. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...