Enter your email address to get free cooking tips & recipes direct to your mailbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lenten Season Choices

Its almost the end of lent once again. More than forty days past Ash Wednesday. Have you declared what you will sacrifice? I tried shunning meat for the entire Lenten season. Alas! To no avail. I miserably failed on this because I can't control to what is being served to me most days.  I told you before about my weekly Wednesday lunches with the Koziols. They make delicious lunches for me every Wednesday and I don't have the heart to tell them I won't be eating meat. So as part of being brought up properly by my parents to say thanks to all things given to you, I thanked them and ate my portion. And all was sinfully good!

Have a nice Lenten brunch out this coming weekend at Spitz. Photo by SDeluz

Part also of our weekly rendezvous is to check out hang outs in and around Bonn. We tried this restaurant at the corner of Oxfordstraße and Strntorbrücke. Just a 3 minute walking distance from Friedensplatz. They have a very nice set up with umbrellas and seat along the cobbled stones walk plus a nice view of the main street leading to Stadthaus. We ate inside the restaurant coz being Filipinos, we prefer sitting under the shade with air conditioning minus the dust from the traffic. There was only two tables occupied inside the restaurant, not because of no patronage but due to most patrons opting to eat outside. Very European. This was not the first time I tried this place. I was impressed the first time for all waiters and waitresses speaks fluent English. They also give out a menu in English if you request for it. Had only coffee and appetizers before but I liked it. I was with an American friend that time so all was not that bad. This time though, I was with a Filipino. And I think we Filipinos are very picky. 

Insalata Spitz: Gemischter salat mit Gebratenen Putenbruststreifen & Gemischter Pilzen

The ambience got a good rating but the food this time was at par. Maybe I didn't order a full meal the first time thats why I didn't notice this. Or maybe because Filipinos tend to criticize more. I'm not sure. I ordered their salad specialty: Mixed salad with fried Turkey breasts strips and mixed mushrooms. This amounted to 8.90€. My partner ordered Baked Potato in Foil with Turkey breast strips, mushroom, Parsley Joghurt and salad which cost 7.90€. It was coincidence with the food. I didn't know that we basically ordered the same thing. I was in the toilet when he ordered. Mine was under the Salad menu and his, under the potato menu. Almost the same but mine was more expensive. Hmmm. I wonder why? Too much greens? I love food and I am on a diet. The salad clicked for me. The other one didn't like his though. So I guess we won't be returning to this one. They do give out Cocktail Happy Hours. Any cocktails from 9pm to 11pm costs only 4.80€. Pizza Happy Hour also follows from same time, 9pm to 11pm, any big Pizza costs only 4.80€. They have Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday brunch. That will be from 11am to 3pm for only 11.90€. Not sure of drinks are included in the price though. 

Folienkartoffel mit Putenbruststreifen & Gemischten Pilzen
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...